Help with Tulips

Robert Wilkinson Robert.Wilkinson%Pxconn at hms.com
Wed Apr 26 14:25:42 EST 1995

** Quoting msdw+ at andrew.cmu.edu to All **

m> From: "Michelle J. Sturdevant" <msdw+ at andrew.cmu.edu>
m> Subject: Help with Tulips
m> Date: Sat, 22 Apr 1995 13:00:56 -0400
m> Organization: Masters student, Drama, Carnegie Mellon, Pittsburgh, PA
m>
m> I know nothing aobut plants.  A friend of mine gave me some tulips
m> (Potted and in full bloom), they are now about dead.  Is there anything
m> I can do to save th bulbs so I might plant them next year?  When should
m> they be planted?  How should the bulbs be stored before planting?
m> HELP!
m>
m> Michelle

Hiya Michelle,

     Tulips are planted in the fall.  After they have bloomed, energy is
stored in the bulb for next year, and the plant dies down.  Storing bulbs
should be done in a cool, dry place.  A refrigerator works well for this.
Plant them when the nights begin to cool off in early autumn, but before
it gets too cold.  That way they'll have ample time to adjust.

ttyl,

---
    Email Replies to: Robert.Wilkinson%Pxconn at hms.com