Position Available

G. Hennen 75256.3620 at CompuServe.COM
Mon Apr 24 20:45:57 EST 1995

				POSITION AVAILABLE
				GREENHOUSE MANAGER

Oglesby Plant Laboratories, Inc. is a world leader in plant tissue culture
propagation and the development and marketing of new tropical foliage
ornamentals.  Oglesby products are grown in every major horticultural area
throughout the world.  To keep our world presence, we have developed a very
aggressive breeding/research program oriented toward tropical foliage plants.
Our Greenhouse Manager position offers an excellent opportunity for both an
experienced commercial greenhouse grower or recently graduated horticulturist.

JOB DESCRIPTION:
Provides leadership in operation of a state-of-the-art greenhouse for plant
breeding, R&D and conventional commercial propagation.  Responsible for
supervision and scheduling of greenhouse personnel. Responds to needs of
plants and greenhouse beyond standard company work hours including weekends
or other times when necessary. Operates computer controls for climate control
systems. Manages application of water, fertilizer and pesticides.  Learns to
identify specific plant pests and to apply specified control measures after
certification by State.  Maintains records for pesticide and fertilizer
applications.

Other specific duties include the following: preparing and mixing components
for potting media, planting, transplanting, propagation, etc., maintaining
all areas of the facility in neat and clean condition.  Assisting in numerous
research projects.

Requires:
Good knowledge of plants with university training or commercial horticulture
experience preferred. Ability to work independently without supervision, to
identify problems and seek solutions, to effectively communicate with other
personnel. We will train individual who has limited experience but shows high
potential for success in this position.

If you are qualified for this position please submit resume, transcripts,
and/or references supporting university and/or work experience to...

			    Dr. Raymond Atilano
			    Director of Research and Development
			    Oglesby Plant Laboratories, Inc.
			    Route 2, Box 9
			    Altha, Florida 32421
			    904-762-3296

Location:
Oglesby Plant Laboratories is located in the panhandle of Florida, 60 miles
west of Tallahassee near Marianna, Florida.  This is a rural area of Florida
with the major industries agriculturally oriented.  Larger metropolitan areas
such as Tallahassee, Panama City and Dothan, Alabama, are approximately one
hour away.

--
Gary