Carnivorous Plants: Need expert again

Martin Spethman MSpethman at rsmas.miami.edu
Thu Apr 20 13:47:05 EST 1995

Thank you to all who helped.  I hope I am not appearing to be too lazy,
but I have several specific questions on cps. If anyone can answer these
without out too much effort, it would help my research greatly.

1.  What is the biggest cp known? Are there any as large as small trees?

2.  Are there any cps that use sound to attract prey?  What are some
unique ways cps attract prey?

3.  Are there any cps that use a poison or toxin to paralyze prey before
ingestion? If so what is the chemical used?

4. What is the chemical name for the digestive enzymes found in cps? One
or two samples would be fine.

5. What is the largest prey cps have been known to consume? (Insects
only or are there cps that eat birds or rodents etc?)

I hope this is not too much to ask. If so just say so.

Thanks for your time!