Need info on hedge please

Dorene E. Perkins dorene at delphi.bsd.uchicago.edu
Thu Apr 13 16:02:06 EST 1995

Hello!

I really need some information on a Purple Leaf Plum Hedge.  I ordered
some of these recently and just heard that they don't do so well :-(
  I live in the Chicago, IL area.  Any information anyone can give me
on this hedge would be greatly appreciated...such as:  will it grow
well in the area I am in, what environment does it thrive in?

I received a catalog from Springhill, which is where I ordered it from,
and they stated that they were very hearty plants...I'm hoping they
were being truthful...not just trying to make a sale!!   I guess I'm a
little too naive for my own good!!

Please respond via Email, as I don't access the newsgroups very much.

Thanks in advance for any help...

Dorene