Help with 'Gray' Santolina chamaecyparissus Please

Louise Robinson robinson at gate.net
Sun Apr 9 16:04:11 EST 1995

My dad purchased this 'perennial herb' at a plant show on the USF campus.
He was told it was an insect repellent herb. He's almost 80 years old and
loves to grow herbs. (He does rather well, too) But he didn't think to
ask how to care for this 'Gray' herb.

Does anyone know what kind of soil it likes? How much water? Is the
entire plant insect repellent, or is it only a part of it? In other
words, if it is an herb, how is it used?

I've tried looking it up in our herb books to no avail.

ANY HELP WOULD BE MOST APPRECIATED! Thank you for reading my post!