Which plants grow the fastest?

Cat mwitchar at metz.une.edu.au
Tue Apr 4 17:14:14 EST 1995

In article <3li3bv$qcl at newsbf02.news.aol.com>, andrewh887 at aol.com (AndrewH887) writes:
> I am in a science fair at school.  I need to know what common plants that
> you can buy at the store that will grow very fast.  The fair in in 4
> weeks. please help me.

Hi! I'm not sure exactly what you need the plants for - will you need the
leaves or the flowers or fruits, what size they will need to end up being
for you science fair and so on? I am not being critical, just trying to
determine what might be suitable for your requirements.

For example, you could conceivably sow seed of mustard or cress NOW and in
four weeks you would have small plants - maybe with two or three sets of
leaves. You could buy a punnet of plants from a local store or nursery
which may be just coming in to flower. Depends what you want the plants
for.