HELP: ERADICATION OF AZOLLA

Peter Jordan pjordan at gsb013.cs.ualberta.ca
Sat Apr 1 14:15:32 EST 1995

g91g4644 at warthog.ru.ac.za (MR J GERBER) writes:

>Christine:
>The only way to get rid of that shit is to clear it manualy.
>Herbicides do work, but that renders the water useless for both
>livestock and irrigation

Thats a great idea. Why don't you harvest the stuff and use it.
I'm sure it will grow back.

Even if only you only use it as fuel.

When I was a kid we had this pond that covered in duck weed totally.
Lots of frogs and birds and stuff too.

Anyway, we would just scoop it off with a raft and pile it up beside the pond
which before long got to be a huge pile.

So, what about depletion of nutrients from the pond.  Well ..
that was the point wasn't it ?  Isn't fertilizer runoff
into ponds a supposedly "big problem".  Shoot. Just take advantage of it.

Peter Jordan