Arise from the dead!

grheck at macc.wisc.edu grheck at macc.wisc.edu
Tue Jan 25 16:33:09 EST 1994

Hello Netters,

Does anyone out there know of a cheap (maybe even free), readily accessible
source for the resurrection plant Craterostigma?  I would be also
interested in other angiosperm members that fall into this loosely defined
group as well as the Selaginella that is often commercially sold under the
name "resurrection plant" (I don't know the species).  I am interested in
investigating a gene that may be involved in rehydration.  I currently have
degenerate primers based on sequences obtained from barley and Arabidopsis
and think I could PCR it out of a resurrection plant if I could grow some
sorce material.  Any information would be helpful.

Thanks,

Greg Heck
Dept. of Botany, University of Wisconsin,  Madison