Work Wanted

HRPBXY at pnv.palm.cri.nz HRPBXY at pnv.palm.cri.nz
Wed Jan 12 00:44:18 EST 1994

                         WORK WANDTED

   Bian Xueyu is exploring the possibility  as a visiting scholar from March
1, 1994.

   Bian Xueyu is  a assist researcher working in the Research Institute of
Forestry,  the ChineseAcademy of Forestry.  We are engaged in Breeding
Selecting poplars tolerant to borerusing both conventional breeding method
and biotechnology, and now, I'm working atHortReseach in New Zealand as
visiting scholar from Sept. 1, 1993 to March 1, 1994mainly in poplar
transformation and interaction between protease inhibitor and insectmidgut
digestive enzyme, selecting protease inhibitor which have can efficacy
restrictthe digestive enzyme activity beetle in vitro as a basis of poplar
transformation.

   I hope hear from you soon. If You need some details information of mine, please
feel free to contact with me. I am enclosing my Curriculum Vitae in this news.

  Sincerely yours

   Bian  Xueyu, Jan. 12, 1994.

                          Curriculum  Vitae

                              Personal Details

Name: Xueyu Bian1             Date of Birth: 5 November, 1964
Nationality: Chinese          Place of Birth:Heilongjiang Province, P. R. China

                                  Education

    Sept. 1, 1988 - July 7, 1991:  As a graduate student at the Department of
Horticulture, Beijing Agricultural University, the Pomology as speciality.

    Sept. 1, 1984 - July 7, 1988:  As a undergraduate student at the Department of
Agronomy, Beijing Agricultural University, the Plant Genetics and Breeding as
speciality.

    Sept. 1, 1981 - July 7, 1988:  As a senior middle school student at the Harbin Third
Middle School.

                              Working Experience

     Sept. 1, 1993 - Now:  As a visiting Scholar at Horticulture and Food Research
Institute  in Palmerston North of New Zealand, mainly engage in the poplar
transformation  with Protease Inhibitor gene, and the interaction between protease
inhibitor and beetle larvae midgut digestive enzyme. John T. Christeller2 and Brian D.
Show2 as supervisors.

    July 9, 1991 - Now: As a staff in Research Institute of Forestry, Chinese Academy
of Forestry, mainly engage in the breeding  and selecting  poplars resistant to the
trunk beetles, Yifan Han 3 as a supervisor.

    October 1, 1989 - June 15, 1991: as a graduate student, doing Master Degree
thesis at the Genetics Institute, Academy Sinica, professor Zhenghua Chen4 as and
Gangli Li5 as supervisors,  mainly engage in the apple tissue culture and biochemical
analysis.
                                  Publication

The Study of Special Reaction and Polypeptide Analysis of Apple Rootstock Calli
under Iron Deficiency Stress. Sinica Science, 1994.

                                  Translation

The Articles of 23 World Horticulture Symposium on the  PP333 Utilization in delicious
Fruit Trees in" The Utilization of PP333 in delicious Fruit Trees". 1992, Agronomy
Publish Beijing.

1. Xueyu Bian

Permanent Address: P. O. BOX 7, The Chinese Academy of Forestry, Yiheyuan Hou,
Beijing, 100091, P. R. China.

Now Address( From Sept.1, 1993 to March 1, 1994): HortResearch,  A Crown
Research Institute, Private Bag 11030, Highway 57, Palmerston North, New Zealand.
   Telephone: 0064-6-3568080
   FAX:       0064-6-3546731
   Internet: HRPBXY at PNV.PALM.CRI.Z

2. John, T. Christeller and Brian D. Show: HortResearch, A Crown Research Institute,
Private Bag 11030, Highway 57, Palmerston North, New Zealand.

3. Yifan Han: P. O. BOX 7, The Chinese Academy of Forestry, Yiheyuan Hou, Beijing,
100091, P. R. China.

4. Zhenghua Chen: Lab 305, Institute Genetics, Academy Sinica, 917 Building, Datun
Road, Chaoyang County, beijing, 100101, P. R. China.

5. Gangli Li: Department of Horticulture, Beijing Agriculture University, Beijing, 100094,
P. R. China.