spin-X

Sandara A Kofalvi skofalvi at uoguelph.ca
Tue Apr 12 11:07:39 EST 1994

I have used these tubes, and they work really well. Costaer referred me to
2 refs which may help.
1) Polman, James K. and John M. Larkin. 1989. Purification of DNA from
agarose gels. Biotechnology Techniques vol.3:329-332.
2) Vogelstein, Bert. 1987. Rapid purification of DNA from agarose gels by
centrifugation through a disposable plastic column. Analytical
Biochemistrty vol.160:115-118.

In a nutshell, I spin at 5000 x g (5000 rpm in an eppendorf centr.) for 10
minutes. The stuff on top is the agarose, and the liquid in the collection
tube contains the DNA. I have used this DNA in standard Maniatis type
ligations, and it works like a charm. If you need more detail, let me
know.
Have fun!
Sandy Kofalvi