Methanol's affect on C3 and C4 plants

kevin hass khass1 at chop.isca.uiowa.edu
Mon Apr 11 16:52:32 EST 1994

>Apparently not.  Other than the orginal proponents of methanol application
>to plants, no one (to my knowledge) has been able to come close to
>repeating their results.
>
>I rank it right up there with cold fusion.

I told my wife about it, and gave her a spray bottle containing 20%
methanol.  She applied it to an ivy vine.  The leaves that were sprayed
grew 2 - 3 times larger than untreated leaves.  Then she stopped, and
the new leaves returned to the original size.  - IT DOES WORK - I'VE
SEEN IT.  I don't know the business about C3 vs C4 plants tho...

Kevin Hass WB0DPN