Turfgrass: Science and Culture

Thomas W. Fermanian fermo at kbml.plant.uiuc.edu
Mon Nov 22 18:16:20 EST 1993

In article <1993Nov22.185718.1 at sara.cc.utu.fi>, malaine at sara.cc.utu.fi
wrote:

> Hi Netters!
>
> Could somebody please help me? I need a reference for the following book:
> Beard, James B., Turfgrass: Science and Culture. This is all I know about it,
> but I would also need year, publisher etc., because our databases don't seem
> to know this book. Presumably it has been printed at 80's.
>
> I appreciate for your responses!!
>
> Marko Laine
>
> My E-Mail address is
> -Malaine at polaris.utu.fi
> -or Malaine at sara.cc.utu.fi

   The following brief list of turf texts are available from
Prentice-Hall, Inc. Englewood Cliffs, N.J. 07632:

1.	Beard, J. B.  1973.  Turfgrass: Science and culture.
   Englewood Cliffs, NJ, Prentice-Hall, Inc. 658 p.

2.	Shurtleff, M. C., T. W. Fermanian and R. Randell  1987.
   Controlling Turfgrass Pests.  Englewood Cliffs, N.J.,
   Prentice-Hall, Inc. 462 pp.

3.	Turgeon, A. J.  1991.  Turfgrass management. 3rd Edition
   Englewood Cliffs, NJ., Prentice-Hall, Inc.

 Tom Fermanian   Univ. of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
 Associate Professor     Dept. of Horticulture
 t-fermanian at uiuc.edu    1201 S. Dorner Drive
 Office:(217) 244-5147   Urbana, IL 61801
 Fax:   (217) 244-3469   USA