keep out the bad guys...

Martha K Jensen mkjensen at iastate.edu
Thu Nov 18 14:02:11 EST 1993

This is in response to the thread about Bacillus thuringensis signs
posted around the garden to try to warn off produce thieves.  I'm afraid
that I lost that thread, but I thought up a decent alternative to the
'horrid spray warning' signs.
	When I was out poking through the local WalMart a while ago,
I happened to look inside a "Jurassic Park" lunchbox.  The thermos
packed in it gave me this idea.  The thermos had an incorrect (but
nifty looking) version of the biohazard symbol on it, and the words
(in official looking type) "Warning:  Contains Biological Material"
Personally, I think that that would be a better way to scare off these
goobers, after all of the fear and controversy surrounding genetically
altered products.  Check these thermoses (thermi?) out.  I think something
like this could make a great sign.

Just my $.02

-Martha

mkjensen at iastate.edu