myocorrizal fungi............

Leung Wai Wah bc_wwl at uxmail.ust.hk
Wed Mar 31 06:13:33 EST 1993

Hi,
	I was wondering is there any fungi called " Red Fungus " that
growing around the roots of several kind of plants? I first heard this name
from a TV show about Australia. They said that some researcher in Australia
had discovered certain kind of fungi , called "red fungi"( I don't know the
exact name of this creature is because there is no Latin name stated, and the
show was translated into Chinese).
	I'll be really gratefully if somebody can give me more information about
this kind of fungi. All I knew , besides the name red fungi, is that, it can
promote roots growth, and enhance the strength of the plant, and inhibit fungal
disease in roots systems.

rgds,
	Rickie Leung

	Biochemistry Yr.2 Undergraduate.