In search of the elusive Mycologist.

Christian Smith czs at netcom.com
Fri Mar 19 13:47:18 EST 1993

Tony Travis (ajt at rri.sari.ac.uk) wrote:
:
: Hello, Christian.
:
: No, you are not missing something:  you are on the brink of an opportunity.
:
: The essence of bionet is that you can start a discussion about anything
: that interests you - your electronic peers will let you know if it is
: OTT (off the topic/over the top).
:
: So *start* a thread about Basidiomycetes - tell us about your work?
:
: 	Tony.

Well, since you asked...    Lately there seems to be a lot of interest in
cultivating and eating species of mushrooms other than agarics (at least
on the west coast of the US).  I realize that the rest of the world is way
ahead of the US in this.  My personal interest is in collecting edible
strains potentially useful for commercial production, develpoing new
strains through breeding and methods for spawn production.  I am also
interested in species that are useful for generating compost as well
as being edible.  If any of you have colleagues interested in Mycology,
please encourage them to get an account.  This is a great topic for
international discussion.

                           Christian

as
.