In search of the elusive Mycologist.

Geoff Steckel - Sun BOS Hardware CONTRACTOR gsteckel at vergil.East.Sun.COM
Thu Mar 18 16:55:37 EST 1993

In article <1993Mar17.181032.3065 at netcom.com> czs at netcom.com (Christian Smith) writes:
>I have just recently begun using Internet and have yet to come across a
>newsgroup or any threads related to the Basidiomycetes.  Am I missing
>something or don't computers and mushrooms mix?

Or maybe all the mycologists are following the fruiting flushes around the world
(I wish, I wish (:-)).
Just remember the Ascomycetes, the Myxomycetes, and the rest.

Did anyone see a (somewhat garbled) announcement of a high-school science
award about comparing the DNA of "false truffles" (family/genus unspecified)
to Laccaria & finding significant similarities?  What's up?

	regards,
--
	geoff steckel (gwes at trilobyte.com, gwes at wjh12.harvard.EDU)
Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with Sun Microsystems, despite the From: line.