cryptochrome/blue-light receptor

Tony Travis ajt at rri.sari.ac.uk
Sat Mar 13 18:52:27 EST 1993

R.G. Walters (mbrgw at uk.ac.daresbury.s-crim1) wrote:
:
: Hi there netland!
:
: Does anyone out there have any info on the action spectrum of the so-called
: blue-light receptor (aka cryptochrome)? Any help on the sort of light
: intensities needed to fully "activate" it would also be appreciated.

.... I've finally got our news system working again, so I'm back to see
what really interesting threads have developed recently ...

Hello, Robin.

I investigated light saturation of the 'blue-light' response of stomata
years ago (Travis, A.J and Mansfield, T.A. (1981), Light saturation of
stomatal opening on the adaxial and abaxial epidermis of Commelina
communis, Journal of Experimental Botany, 32, 1169-1179).

I found saturation at a quantum flux density of about 25 umol m-2 s-1
in blue light (458nm interference filter).

	Tony.