Will Ivy or Virginia Creeper live after its root is severed?

Michael Bax mbax at cs.uct.ac.za
Sun Aug 22 08:09:27 EST 1993

We have a mix of ivy and Virgina creeper on a house wall.

One root is causing problems, lying across a staircase outside.

If we cut it, will the ivy/creeper die or may it survive/put down another root, whatever?

If possible, please reply in email.  Thank you.

Cheers
Mike
--
| Michael Bax              |  ,----.                                        |