Hello from a Physiological Ecologist

Bill Williams BWilliam at oyster.smcm.edu
Wed May 27 11:15:57 EST 1992

I'm very happy to see the beginning of this newsgroup, and many thanks to those
who pushed it.

I am a physiological ecologist by training, now doing mostly teaching at St.
Mary's College of Maryland, a public liberal-arts college in southern Maryland.
 I teach plant physiology, general biology for majors and non-majors, and a
field course on Maryland plants (a bit of general botany, some taxonomy, and a
little plant ecology).  I share a single position with my wife, Holly Gorton,
who is a plant physiologist, and who teaches photobiology and general biology
for majors.

My research is on the putative benefits of circadian rhythms in stomatal
conductance and photosynthesis.  This includes laboratory and field
gas-exchange, field micro-meteorology, and some mathematical modelling.  The
usual plant physiological ecology type of stuff.

Once again, three cheers for this news group!