Where can I get a (small) Giant Sequoia?

Bill Williams BWilliam at oyster.smcm.edu
Fri May 29 12:28:30 EST 1992

I'd like to bring a little bit of California out here to Maryland by planting a
Sequioadendron giganteum.  I've found one catalog that lists saplings of the
species, but only in lots of fifty or more -- can anyone direct me to a retail
catalog where I could buy one or two?  Suggestions for culture would be welcome
too -- I have a dim recollection that the species is quite robust to varying
conditions despite its extremely small natural range, but if anybody knows for
sure that, for example, hot humid summers or mild winters are total anathema
I'd like to know. (But I'll probably try anyway!)

						-Bill Williams
						-St. Mary's College of Maryland