Hello from an herbalist

aphrk at Msu.oscs.montana.edu aphrk at Msu.oscs.montana.edu
Fri May 29 19:11:27 EST 1992

I am very glad to see this new newsgroup.  Rec.gardens just does not
do it for me.  I am primarily an herbalist (i.e., someone who studies
the edible, poisonous and medicinal uses of plants) and secondly a
self-taught botanist.  Though my training does not include such things
as biotech and molecular biology, etc. I am very interested in these
subjects.

I have been a consultant to some natural products chemists here at Montana
State University and have worked on some simple extractions (TLC) of
Montana's medicinal plants.  I hope there are other natural products
chemists out there that will take part in this newsgroups too!

Robyn Klein
Bozeman, Montana