Poison Ivy again

Vince Summers vsummers at polaris.cv.nrao.edu
Fri Jul 10 08:04:25 EST 1992

     I recently received a mail reply from Kay Klier concerning the activity
of P.I. on skin of different thickness or callosity.  It was a very logical
reply.  I have a question.  Does anybody know why that would be the case?
Is it not strictly a surface phenomenon?  Does the toxin have to penetrate
the outer layer because it consists of "dead cells"?  How does it penetrate
the outer layer?  Through cracks, pores, what?
     Vince Summers

vsummers at polaris.cv.nrao.edu