Crocus Again!

robbie at tasman.cc.utas.edu.au robbie at tasman.cc.utas.edu.au
Mon Jul 27 05:12:02 EST 1992

Dear all,
         I previously posted to this group seeking persons interested in
crocus. I can now supply more information from my horticultural friend,
Mark Harvey who collects species of this genus.
He is interested in obtaining seed of several of the rarer species:

1. C. autranii  (Georgia)
2. C. michelsonii  (Kopet Dag Mts, Iran and Turkmen)
3. C. hartmannianus  (Cyprus)
4. C. biflorus  ssp artvinensis  (Turkey)
5. C. sieberi  ssp sieberi  (Crete)
6. C. antalyensis  (Turkey)

Mark wishes to make contact with any person who has similar taxonomic/
horticultural interest with a view to exchanging information/seeds.

Failing this, he is seeking FULL addresses (or even e-mail addresses) for
the Botanical Gardens in several key centres, i.e. Tblisi, Georgia;
Athens, Greece; Istanbul, Turkey.
As the next few months are apparently ideal for obtaining seed it would
be much appreciated if anyone can help with the above requests.

Furthermore, are there any other newsgroups to which the above information
can be posted?

Many thanks, Robbie McDonald.