Leaf image analysis

Tony Travis ajt at uk.ac.sari.rri
Tue Jul 28 07:40:32 EST 1992

In article <Tue.28Jul92.0717.bionet-news at uk.ac.daresbury> you write:
: I am looking for a program for IBM PC which will perform Fourier
: analyses of digitized leaf outlines.  Any information on this would
: be greatly appreciated.
: Please reply to:
: loverock at sfu.ca

Try reading: West, J.G. and Noble, I.R (1984) Analyses of digitised
leaf images of the Dodonaea viscosa complex in Australia, Taxon, 33,
595-613.

This describes _alternatives_ to fourier-based shape descriptors.

	Tony

--
Dr. A.J.Travis,                       |  Tony Travis
Rowett Research Institute,            |  JANET: <ajt at uk.ac.sari.rri>