Tree Mush

BIOHEAD GELLMORE at PEARL.TUFTS.EDU
Wed Jul 1 21:34:00 EST 1992

Here's an odd question that came my way. An environmental consultant
has asked me for an untraceable (HA!) chemical that can accelerate
wood rotting in the field. I suggested strong acid, which could macerate
the wood, then be neutralized by Sodium Bicarbonate. Alternatively
cellulase, but that's got to be too costly, and probably wouldn't
work exposed in the field anyway.

Aside from the cynical questions that will be generated by the consultant's
request, or by my environmentally unsound suggestion, any ideas?