BTI Summer Internship Program - Now Accepting Applications<http://bti.cornell.edu/news/imagine-a-summer-of-scientific-discovery-at-bti/>:
The Boyce Thompson Institute is now accepting applications for internships in Plant Genome Research and Bioinformatics. Do not miss this opportunity to be a part of the next big breakthrough!
Now in it’s 15th year, the PGRP Summer Internship offers an incredible opportunity to work side-by-side with experts in the fields of Biology/Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Genetics and Developmental Plant Sciences, as well as Bioinformatics.
Over 80% of our intern alumni enter graduate programs in STEM fields. Apply now to gain invaluable confidence and hone your skills in the lab, while learning from an international community of scientists, who are passionate about protecting the environment, enhancing human health, and improving agriculture around the world.
· Undergraduate: June 6, 2016 – August 12, 2016
· High School: June 29, 2016 – August 12, 2016
· Selected undergraduate applicants will receive, housing, travel, meals, and up to a $5,250 stipend over 10 weeks
· High school students will receive up to $2,400 stipend over 6 weeks
· US Citizen or permanent US residents (green card holder) only
· Undergraduate applicants must be enrolled in a college/university and at least 18yrs of age, at the time of the internship
· High school interns are funded by local donors and foundations, and therefore the high school program is limited to local applicants only (within a daily commute of BTI, or up to a 1hour drive away), and are not eligible for housing, travel, or meal allowances
· Online application, transcripts, and two letters of recommendation required
· Friday, February 5, 2016 at 5:00pm EST
NSF REU Program Award # 1358843