[Plant-education] Fungus?

Amanda Dotterer via plant-ed%40net.bio.net (by miazr007 from gmail.com)
Sun Jun 13 10:32:28 EST 2010

Hi, my name is Amanda Dotterer and my sister, Emily, and I discovered
this fungus type "plant" in our front yard today (6/13/10). It is
about 85 degrees fahrenheit outside and rather humid. I have enclosed
two pictures of it, one from far away and one close up. When we found
it, it was a chalky orange color and was oozing a red substance that
had the consistancy and general appearence of blood. When spliced
open, there was the thin cover of chalky orange, a thick black layer,
and a yellow centre. We were wondering if you could possibly tell us
what this object is called and whether or not it is actually is a
fungus. If at all possible, could you please e-mail us back at
miazr007 from gmail.com with the information?

Thank you,
Amanda Dotterer