economical poster sessions

Robinson, Dr. David drobinson at bellarmine.edu
Thu Feb 21 18:38:17 EST 2002

In the past year or two my small, private college has been organizing a
Undergraduate Research event that is essentially a poster session, where
students (mostly seniors) put together posters to describe the research
they have been doing in various faculty member's labs.

Up until now, the students have just been gluing their posters onto
cardboard and then taping that to the walls of a large, public foyer
that we have on campus......it "works", but looks a little amateurish.

We would like to have conference-quality poster boards that are
free-standing, like what is used at most annual scientific meetings,
instead of attaching things to walls.

But, alas, our budget is small. Does anyone have advice on how to
purchase cheaply (or even build ourselves) good poster boards????

Thanks.

Dave Robinson
Biology Dept.
Bellarmine University