CCCP and photosynthesis

H. Nijjar hnijjar at widow.aracnet.net
Mon Jan 20 13:05:03 EST 1997

Hi. I need some help with a photosynthesis inhibitor (Carbonylcyanide
m-chlorophenylhydrazone (CCCP). I would like to know the mechanism as to
how it inhibits photosynthesis. All I know about it is that it is an
uncoupler which breaks down the Proton Motive Force and prevents ATP
synthesis. But how does it affect oxygen evolution from PSII? Any help
will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.