Russell:

Stephen Kayes skayes at USAMAIL.USOUTHAL.EDU
Wed Nov 10 23:13:22 EST 1999

Russell:

Not the same thing.  Malarial crises are spiked episodes refered to paroxysms.  Look up that term and or the terms quartan, or tertiary as they relate to malaria. A malarial paroxysm consists of fever, drenching sweats, followed by chills.

Steve Kayes

>>> "Russell Farris" <tryggvi at email.msn.com> 10 November 1999  10:50 am >>>
        I have read that malaria causes one's temperature to vary over a
three-day cycle. My temperature varies about 1.5 degrees F on a four-day
cycle. My blood pressure varies on the same cycle. Is there any known
pathogen that causes temperature and/or BP to vary on a four-day cycle?

        Is there a technical term for these variations? I haven't had much
luck finding anything in PubMed so far. Thanks.

Russ Farris