Head Lice

David Winter David.Winter at tesco.net
Sun Jun 6 09:13:52 EST 1999

Is there a solution to recurring head lice problems apart from isolation of
your child.

It seems that schools have given up on trying to control these creatures.
Advice to parents used to be to check and keep off school until cleared up.
Not any more, so re-infestation is not only likely, it's inevitable.

I would love to hear of a biochemical solution - like one I've heard of -
the regular use of tea tree oil shampoo on the basis that head lice can't
attach to hair treated like that.

Any ideas?