Artemesinin / Qinghaosu

Peter Anderson pga at iol.ie
Thu Jul 8 19:22:53 EST 1999

hello everyone,
                          I have done some preparatory reading on the
antimalarial Artemesinin, a potent antimalarial useful in chloroquin
resistant falciparum malaria. I understand that it is presently unlicensed
in Europe and the US. Does anyone have any information on ongoing clinical
trials or review articles on this substance? , I should very much appreciate
the comments of contributors to this group on the potential artemesinin  has
in treatment and prophylaxis. Thanks in anticipation

Peter Anderson