What do these "zoles" mean?

Terry Frewin 2frews at mcmedia.com.au
Mon Dec 27 22:23:11 EST 1999

curious curious curious that l am!
Hi there does anyone here can tell me  where's a website to explain all that
classification of those -zoles!
l know some are anthelmintics some are anti-fungal such as clotrimazole
fluconazole and some are anti-ulcer lansoprazole omeprazole and some are
anti-infective(sulfonamides).
l know mebendazole treats threadworm metronidazole treats amebic dysentery/
giardiasis and l'm very curious to learn the rest
So fellows what does ornidazole albendazole flubendazole oxfendazole
fenbendazole oxybendazole thiabendazole specify do/treat and finally is
triclabendazole a flukicide?
see what l mean! l'm curious all about these zoles now why all them have the
"zole" on the end what gives? so l'll be happy if you directed me to some
place hopefully exists! to sort this one out
thanks! andy