Toxoplasma gondii

Pavel pneud at sympatico.ca
Fri Dec 24 23:39:21 EST 1999

Can someone tell me more about this parasite?

Supposedly, humans most often contract it from cats.  It results in a
slowing of reflex responses and in significant personaility changes
through a disease called, I beleive, toxoplamosis.  Researchers at the
Charles University in Prague have recently discovered that it may be
affecting around a third of the world's poplulation: in France and
Germany, the incidence may be as high as 70% and in parts of Africa up
to 90%.

To me, it sounds like this parasite is similar to trichanosis in that it
lays dormant in cysts within brain and muscle tissue.