NOT AN AD, REALLY

gowiththefro at hair.net gowiththefro at hair.net
Tue Aug 24 20:01:20 EST 1999

Personally, I feel one of the most important goals in teaching a
biology class for "non-biology" people should be to give these
individuals a new understanding of the world around them.  To somehow
be able to express the infinitely complex relationships surrounding
them everyday.  I think it's important to be able to see the working
parts of the whole, and view their world in a new light.  I think that
should be the goal of any non-majors class, be it biology or not.  A
class in government or law should give you an appreciation of the
workings of various branches of our government.  A literature class
should give you a feel for the beauty and power of words and how truly
gifted some people are in expressing this.  What I would personally
teach is probably vastly different from what many others of you would
teach...but I agree with what's already been said...it has to be made
personal to the people that are taking the class in order for the
lessons to truly strike home.