Mark:

Stephen Kayes skayes at USAMAIL.USOUTHAL.EDU
Sat Aug 21 14:28:34 EST 1999

Mark:

I have attempted in vain, to contact anyone maintaining the list servers.  I have sent email and solicted phone numbers to get to a human. The help desk that is cited in the BioSci FAQ never responds.  If you have any other suggestions as to how we get the attention of the black box or its keeper, let me know.  ( Over 93% of the subscribers want moderation)  No replies have ever been forth coming.   I have conducted an email polling of the members regarding moderation and I was willing to do the moderation. Not only do we not seem to be able to change the rules under which we were charted, but if we wanted to start a new group, there does not seem to be a way to that either.

Stephen Kayes

>>> Mark Farmer <farmer at emlab.cb.uga.edu> 20 August 1999  1:31 pm >>>
Dear members,

It REALLY is time for someone to step forward and become the moderator
for this newsgroup.  It has been a while since I logged in and I was
alarmed to see the number of useless and inappropriate postings.
Compare this to the postings at bionet.protista
[http://www.bio.net/hypermail/PROTISTA/9908/] which is the site that I
have been moderating for the past year.  Not only are there no
inappropriate solicitations but most of these spammers no longer even
send me their crap because they have learned that I do not pass it on
the subscribed members.

All told it takes me about 5 minutes/day to moderate the site and filter
out the garbage.  Someone should contact the helpdesk at
biosci-help at net.bio.net and volunteer to do this and once again make
this a useful forum in which to discuss subjects related to
parasitology.

MTC,

Mark Farmer