Parasitology Newsgroup

Mark Farmer farmer at emlab.cb.uga.edu
Fri Aug 20 13:31:19 EST 1999

Dear members,

It REALLY is time for someone to step forward and become the moderator
for this newsgroup.  It has been a while since I logged in and I was
alarmed to see the number of useless and inappropriate postings.
Compare this to the postings at bionet.protista
[http://www.bio.net/hypermail/PROTISTA/9908/] which is the site that I
have been moderating for the past year.  Not only are there no
inappropriate solicitations but most of these spammers no longer even
send me their crap because they have learned that I do not pass it on
the subscribed members.

All told it takes me about 5 minutes/day to moderate the site and filter
out the garbage.  Someone should contact the helpdesk at
biosci-help at net.bio.net and volunteer to do this and once again make
this a useful forum in which to discuss subjects related to
parasitology.

MTC,

Mark Farmer