Treatment of P.falciparum and vivax

Norman J. Pieniazek norman at giardia.pdb.cdc.gov
Mon May 11 06:42:43 EST 1998

In article <01bd7376$29e04260$d8a21e85 at atsumori>, "Yoshiro Nagao" <nagapee at kobe-u.ac.jp> writes:
> Hello
>
> I am a statistician and know little of treatment(chemical..)
> of malaria.
>
> Does it have any clinical meaning if two malarias,
> P.falciparum and P.vivax, can be distinguished easily
> only by clinical/symptomatic parameters
> (fever, splenomegaly, hepatomegaly, RBC)?
>
> Do the two malarias require different drug,
> or different treatment?
>
> I may have found that the above two can be
> statistically discriminated by symptomatic data in
>  coendemic region, but do not know it is
> important thing or not.
>
> Yoshiro Nagao
> International Centre for Medical Research
> Kobe University School of Medicine
> nagapee at kobe-u.ac.jp

Please go to www.dpd.cdc.gov/dpdx and search for malaria AND treatment
Norman

Norman J. Pieniazek			voice:	(770) 488-4073
Centers for Disease Control		fax:	(770) 488-4108
Mailstop F13				e-mail:	nxp3 at cdc.gov
4770 Buford Highway NE
Atlanta, GA 30341-3724
	####### The preceding message is not     #######
	####### an official document of the CDC. #######