HELP!!!! Strongyloidiasis AND Steroids

Robert S. Lewis macaque at bigfoot.com
Sun Jul 12 21:23:08 EST 1998

Robert S. Lewis wrote:

> LilMsModem wrote:
>
> >     My mother, 49 yrs old, was diagnosed with strongyloidiasis stercoralis on
> > July 3rd, 1998 after being misdiagnosed for almost 3 months.  First diagnosis
> > was a stroke after finding a mass within her brain. She was then treated with
> > masses amounts of steroids.    2nd diagnosis was "Brain Tumor"... we went to MD
> > Anderson for a brain biopsy. Biopsy came back non-dianostic.  The first week of
> > July she began having bad diarrhea, so a stool sample was taken.  Finally a
> > proper diagnosis was made.

Cheri,
   Steroids and immunosuppression will exacerbate the infection process!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'd check this out with your physician.  Check out Tulane's Medical Center!!!!!!!
They'll know what to do!

Bob

Robert S. Lewis
e-mail: macaque at bigfoot.com
The Monkey Room Debacle (http://www.bigfoot.com/~macaque)
---Nifty Primate-related Websites (http://users.nye.net/~macaque/primatewebsites1.htm
---Nasty human and non-human animal diseases, epidemics, plagues, pestilence, poxes
and parasites! (and some organizations in the war against disease!)
(http://users.nye.net/~macaque/diseasewebsites1.htm
--- Animal research web sites!  If you are against finding cures for diseases like
AIDS, DON'T GO HERE! (http://users.nye.net/~macaque/animalresearchsites.htm)