HDC EnteroTest for Giardia

Brent Barrett salbrent at iquest.net
Wed Apr 15 20:24:56 EST 1998

HDC produces and sells the EnteroTest string capsule test for the detection
of Giardia. The system is available in adult and peds shapes.

I interested any subscribers who has used this system and why and under
which conditions it is being used. Of special interest, I would be
interested in  cases study(ies) where an EIA Giardia assay, Enterotest and
routine O&P exams performed and the results.  Did the EIA pick up the
infection, which the string and O&P exams were negative?

Did the string test find Giardia before the EIA and O&P assays did?

Have you found other parasites except Giardia using  the string test.

Thank you

Brent Barrett
Indiana State Department of Health
salbrent at iquest.net