Help with organism identification

J-F Magnaval magnaval at cict.fr
Sat Jun 28 12:29:16 EST 1997

Peter Anderson wrote:

> I have in the past noted similar flagellate organisms in wet preparations
> and haemocytomters. [snip] They were probably indentical with the Bodoniae

~ 10 years ago, we were contacted by a colleague from the Haematology Dept from
our University Hospital. She had found on a CSF smear, while looking for
leukaemic cells, numerous flagellates which were subsequently identified
as Bodo sp. The patient was as well as possible....The retained hypothesis
was a dirty vial for collecting CSF (????) or left opened for a long time
(????).

Jean-Francois Magnaval, MD, DSc
Lab. Parasitologie
CHU Purpan