Help with organism identification

Peter Anderson pga at iol.ie
Fri Jun 27 15:35:14 EST 1997

I have in the past noted similar flagellate organisms in wet preparations
and haemocytomters. I regret to say that they were invariably contaminants
of the fluids used in sample dilutions. They belonged to the genus
Retortamonas. They were probably indentical with the Bodoniae   ( B ureaea
) which was occasionally reported as a commensal in urine. I mention this
as a possible explanation and I am as intrigued as the rest of the group to
hear more.

Peter Anderson.