praziquantel - ototoxic?

Norbert Payne npayne at vip.cybercity.dk
Wed Jun 18 14:42:33 EST 1997

I have had a Bilharzia (Schistosomiasis) infection for the past couple of
years since returning from work in Mozambique. Treatment has been two
courses of Biltricide (praziquantel). Since a short time after the
second dose, a sound level-dependent form of tinnitus has annoyed me.
Thsi is my first experience of tinnitus. Has anyone heard of similar
cases?