URGENT: intestinal parasitic ticks from China

smartot at onlink.net smartot at onlink.net
Sat Dec 23 07:59:56 EST 1995

My friend travelled to China (Shanghai/Beijing) last spring and became sick, she
has been ill since then with recurring high fevers, extreme fatigue, weight loss
65lbs, and now cysts occurring in her brain (3 different bacteria) The doctor
says the site of whats causing the cysts is not from the brain but seems to
occur there after the fevers. She's now in ICU, has several neurosurgeries due
to the cysts occurring in left brain after recurring fevers. One traveller in
preceding group had similar symptoms for a month and was diagnosed with
intestinal tick in small intestine, he is fine now. Unfortunately my friend also
has a blood disorder ITP ,not the cause of this illness but definately
complicating diagnosis and treatment. She's down been to Toronto General twice
but no diagnosis. Her doctor is looking for all the info he can find...she is
hanging on but we need more help asap. Does anyone on this newsgroup know of any
medical experts who have dealt with intestinal ticks from this geographic area?
Who are the experts in diagnosis and treatment? Suggestions for any help greatly
appreciated. Thanks for the help.
Jennifer    email to :  smartot at age.net