History of Parasitology

Charles T. Faulkner ctfaulkn at utkux.utcc.utk.edu
Mon Dec 4 21:28:09 EST 1995

On Sun, 3 Dec 1995 rajan at cortex.uchc.edu wrote:

>    Is there a good monograph on the history of Parasitology?  I am
> particularly interested in pre-European History.  There must have been
> some Chinese, Indian and Arabic texts that describe the clinical features,
> diagnosis and treatment of the major parasitic infestations.  I would be

	See Hoeppli's "Parasites and parasitic infections"
it has a pretty good discussion of parasite knowledge in early chinese,
arabic, greek and roman medicine. Good luck!

*      Charles T. Faulkner       *   Get your facts first and then you
*  Univ of Tennessee, Knoxville  *   can distort them as much as you please.
*     (ctfaulkner at utk.edu)       *                Mark Twain