Image Processing on Eggs

Scotts system scott at tapeworm.ucdavis.edu
Fri Feb 25 11:38:22 EST 1994

Yes.  In my lab and the Museum at UC Davis, we have a couple of different systems
in place for image analysis.  One method is to use  a standard B&W video camera (NTSC)
signal and capture the image using a frame grabber board.  Then we use JAVA (Jandel Scientific)
to measure and touch up the image a bit.  It is low tech, but works fine.  Also coming are high
resolution CCD cameras that have about 2 k x 2 k or higher resolution.  NTSC is only about 512 x
512 maximum (actually a bit lower) and that makes a difference when trying to look at small
specimens.

SCOTT GARDNER
University of California, Davis
Nematology Department