[Molecular-evolution] Training course in data analysis for transcriptomics

Heather Vincent via mol-evol%40net.bio.net (by heather.vincent from manchester.ac.uk)
Thu Jul 3 10:51:20 EST 2014

At the University of Manchester, UK, we now have over 15 years
experience in running professional development courses in Digital
Biology.  Last year we introduced a new course in Advanced Sequence
Analysis, using Galaxy.  This course has proved to be very popular, with
some participants requesting additional exercises in sequence analysis
using R.

The new exercises are currently being added one of the courses running
next semester, 'Bioinformatics for transcriptomics'.
(http://octette.cs.man.ac.uk/bioinformatics/modules/transcriptomics.html).
  Students will use R/Bioconductor to compare the methods for analysis
of data from Affymetrix microarrays and Illumina sequencers.  If you
have any questions about this course, please contact
heather.vincent from manchester.ac.uk.

You will find links to details of all our online courses here :
http://octette.cs.man.ac.uk/bioinformatics/index.html  To apply, please
mail our office for Advanced Professional Education (ape from cs.man.ac.uk).