[Molecular-evolution] [Microbiology] eight PhD fellowships

Isabell Witt via mol-evol%40net.bio.net (by isabell.witt from uni-koeln.de)
Thu Mar 18 05:16:54 EST 2010

The Graduate School for Biological Sciences

in Cologne

has openings for

16 PhD studentships

Deadline for application is 30 April, 2010

The GSfBS will provide you with an excellent scientific environment and an
outstanding curriculum for your doctorate.   We do research in molecular
genetics, functional genomics, cell biology, developmental biology,
biotechnology and biochemistry in established model organisms. Details of
the training and research programme can be found on our website
http://www.gs-biosciences.uni-koeln.de/gschools_overview.html
http://www.gs-biosciences.uni-koeln.de/gsfbs_special_courses.html
We invite you to apply for a position in our graduate school in Cologne, the
exciting city in the heart of Europe.

Participating faculty in this call:

Marcel Bucher		Plant Physiology, Symbiosis
Jürgen Dohmen		Selective Proteolysis
Matthias Hammerschmidt	Bone Development in Zebrafish and Mouse
Ute Höcker			Light Signaling in Plants
Stefan Höning		Protein Targeting in Mammalian Cells
Thorsten Hoppe 		Development, Aging Biology
Martin Hülskamp 		Plant Development
Reinhard Krämer 		Biochemistry, Microbial Biotechnology
Carien Niessen		Intercellular Adhesion and Carcinogenesis
Angelika Noegel		Role of the Nuclear Envelope
Nikoletta Papadopoulou	miRNA in Innate Immunity
Elena Rugarli 		Neurogenetics, Molecular Medicine
Björn Schumacher		DNA Damage and Aging
Mirka Uhlirova		Tissue Morphogenesis and Stress Signaling

Read about the projects at:
http://www.gs-biosciences.uni-koeln.de/application_postings.html

Read about the application procedure at:
http://www.gs-biosciences.uni-koeln.de/application_procedurs.html

Contact: Dr. Isabell Witt, Graduate School for Biological Sciences,
Zülpicher Strasse 47, 50674 Cologne, Germany.
bio-gradschool from uni-koeln.de, +49 (0)221 470 1683