[Molecular-evolution] mol-evol: bayesian bootstrap?

Lÿffffffffffe1szlÿfffffffffff3 Nagy via mol-evol%40net.bio.net (by cortinarius2000 At yahoo.co.uk)
Tue Dec 5 11:35:50 EST 2006

Hi everybody!
  Are there any of us who carry out bootstrapping during bayesian inference? I would be interested if this is a good idea and what can we expect from it?
  I met this approach in Douady & al Mol Biol Evol. 20(2): 248, 2003., and (to me at least) seems to be an intuitively easily understandable alternative for fighting with overestimation by posterior probabilites. I can understand the latter as if one would use the trees produced by a normal heuristic search as a base for clade credibility values. In fact nobody does this in "normal" ML and MP searches, but why should we do so in Bayesian analyses?

  Thanks,
  Laszlo