Just a quick note to let you know that Clann 3.0.1 is now available
for download at
This is a minor update which addresses the following issues:
- A modification of the seed choice for the random number generator
was made to make sure that if several Clanns are started up at
exactly the same time, they will all have different seeds.
- Fixed a bug in the robinson foulds distances. This over estimated
the distances if the input trees given were rooted. The bug has been
- Clann was reported to crash with some large datasets, this has been rectified.
- A problem reading nexus files has been fixed.
- Some problems with aspects of the "include" and exclude" commands
have been fixed.
- Some minor cosmetic changes were made to the interface.
Dr. Chris Creevey
E: chris.creevey at gmail.com
P: + 49 6221 387 8534